Sunday, December 21, 2008

When muscles emote - Hailaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Statutory warning: The post has been written in a mood of utter boredom. Read it at your own risk. The author is not reponsible for the aftereffects which could involve hysterically castigating the author.

I wake up 10 ish on a Sunday morning and get ready to hit the gym, it being my fav day of workout, the CST day (chest, shoulder, triceps).The last time I had gone thru it, I had decided that I would increase the weights the nxt time i get to CST. Mornings are not that fun at the gym. With lousy music being played accompanied by the presence of some gossip monger aunties, here there and everywhere :), the evironment is more like a kitty party. But i promise to change that gloomy environment by playing some my kinda music,some good groovy music gelled with some rock music that would shake their wits out and even they wud b compelled to workout ;). So there i go sorting out the music and writing a disc.

One of my friends recently asked me as to how do i daily work out and she felt it to b really boring. Music is the mantra my friend :).Sometimes when i m on the treadmill i just dont feel like doing my interval training. But the moment some groovy music is played i automatically get into that mode

As i had promised myself i wud increase the weights, i begin with declined bench with a pair of 75lbs of dumbells. I complete 3 sets and feel "OK, tat was quite good". Next i move on the inclined bench with a pair of 60lbs dumbells. I complete a couple of sets and my reaction is "Ok, my chest is being worked out and it pains a bit". I move on to the inclined bench machine and use 90lbs on each side. I complete a couple of sets and my reaction is "Ok, tat pains." I move on for workout of the shoulders with a couple of 50 lbs dumbells in the overhead position. A couple of sets done and i feel proud that i have really strong shoulders :). Next i move on to the machine which works out the shoulders. 4 sets on the machine with 70 lbs weights and i am made to rethink about the statement made i made earlier. "Aigaaaaa, it aches!!!!". Nxt i move on to have my rotary muscles worked out with a 5lbs dumbell. Carrying such a small dumbell may look really funny on me, but trust me tat 5lbs is enough to make you yell when you work out ur rotary muscles. I complete my workout with my next 3 exercises for triceps and some stretching exercises.


The aftereffects of my 2hr workout could be felt before and after my guitar class. Before - i was late by ONLY 45 minutes because my body was aching like hell, i slept off like a log and my sir was a tad mad at me. After- On my way back i get a nasty cramp and i am left in one of those insane postures on my bike to which some might ask "Wot exactly is this guy doing?"

In the gym, people feel i am weird because i dont speak with anyone. (My dad who comes to the same gym updated me with this info offlate :) :))Yes i am weird in the gym and i am in my own world, i would like my muscles to emote rather than my mouth !!

6 comments:

~G said...

Exercising in the gym oh-so-sucks!!! A post on that coming up soon... Music - Good or bad, if too loud totally puts me off. I come out of the place with migraine-like headache
:@
Only consolation right now is toning up and one that is done I shall only swim and swim and swimmmm :)

Esoterically Yours said...

@G: Shikessssssss!!!! Dammmm...how can u get bored in the gym yaar :)....... ya, actually u need not join the gym when u r a Lance Armstrong in swimming!!! If u need only tonning up i guess go on with swimming..... and therez no point in going to the gym if u don like it....It wont even b of any use yaar if u rnt interested!!
I remember Kaizad Kapadia saying "The day you feel that you r bored to workout, please go home!No point in continuing"

~G said...

@Esoteric: What if the day I felt bored of workout was the day before I even joined the gym?
Then I would never have been able to join the gym at all.
And we would find ourselves in a loop! :P

Esoterically Yours said...

@G: ehehehe!!!! Wot if the gym wud have cost u 9.5k a yr...... Then i think u wud have etched it in ur mind tat "I like the gym".... :) The day u miss the gym u wud start calculating as to how many bucks u r wasting :)

Priyanka Sareen said...

Gym is one of those places in the entire world where evn i feel dat yeah i can do smthing;)
I guess exercise,lookin urself in the mirror,heart thumping musikkk and unlimited and enumerous styles on the guy/lass nxt to u r d major highlights!!!
Body Fitness is one grt passion to have and fr dat matter of fact i wud say look up to Bipasha Basu/Shilpa Shetty..Awsome man!!!
And fr Preet,,jst one wrd--Pamela:P

Esoterically Yours said...

@priyanka: :) :) :) :) :)