Monday, November 30, 2009

Heaven on Earth

I have seen anger
I have seen pain
I have come across some thoughts which have been insane

I have seen growth
I have seen death
I have come across the green lose its sheen

I have seen fire
I have seen smoke
I have come across jungles burned down for selfish desire

I felt that I have been such a big bumpkin to realise, how brutally we are destroying nature, while I was at the highest point of the Satpura range and not realising this earlier.

My heart yelled PLEASE STOP CONCRETIZATION but my mind said HOW ELSE WILL THE CITY GROW !

I sometimes dream of a place where I am ambling through an aisle surrounded by paddy fields,which leads me to a place laden with clouds. The sky is woven with interludes of yellow and crimson streaks accompanied with cool breeze. Its only the lush green mountain peaks that I can see. No worries. No thoughts about the future. No choices to be made. Absolute bliss!

This is not an exaggeration but I did get this feeling at a point called Dhoopgarh at Pachmarhi . I feel I should stop blabbering about my mythological dreams :) at this point and take you guys through some pics which have been taken while I was at Pachmarhi few days back.This place in MP is heaven on Earth!!




6 comments:

Nupur said...

Lovely Pictures !

About keeping the earth green and not having any roads is a really out of this world dream now ! And the root cause is not roads but the population which leads to other causes of this heavenly earth being concretized !

but hey the poem sounds good :)

Esoterically Yours said...

@Nu: True... 4 days were enough for me to realise wot we are missing!!! btw, thnx for the compliment :)

~G said...

Guess a break from our almost pathetic routine gives us a lot of insight. Glad to know you finally went on that so sought after break and came back reinvigorated. :)

Esoterically Yours said...

@G: And all the credit goes to u. For suggesting me the place. For suggesting me to take a break. I still remember u saying we need such breaks. :)

Daneshia said...

Amazing poem and thoughts Preet! Liked it!!! Hope your dream comes true sometime!!!!

Esoterically Yours said...

@Dhanesha: shukriya shukriya :)