Thursday, June 10, 2010

Miracle or a coincidence?

Things i need to carry to my office:

1) Zone gate pass
2) Bike gate pass
3) Office id
(and yes myself. :))

Though these are light weight accessories the repercussions ( except for the last one :D) of losing any one of them could be heavy. Especially, you lose the first one and your life is screwed. You will have to experience things like lodging a police complaint, paying a fine etc etc.

Episode 1- Shite !

Its that time of the day when you are in your best mood in the office. I was all set to zoom off on my bike and reach home early until the rains dampened my plans. I had to get my bike to a grinding halt on the L&T bridge to get ready for the next 30 minutes of my arduous wet journey. Donning my new wind-cheater I reached home least knowing that the start of the next day would be what I call "Screwed up part of my life".

Like any other day, I was late to the office. I hurriedly rush off to get onto my bike and it is at that moment that I realise that I do not have the set of badges(1 and 3 above). I come back home, search every alcove at my place but I do not get the set of badges. This is the time when I get a doubt that the set of badges must have popped out from my pocket on the bridge.

Epoisode 2 - The dame luck

With a whole set of anxious thoughts, I drove to the office. I go to the extent of checking for the badges at the spots where I stopped last evening (This might sound too desperate, but yes, I preferred this rather than approaching the police station ). I reached at the zone gate and called up my office for a temporary pass but my luck had yet another plot installed in for me. I get to know from the receptionist that I would need to wait for a couple of hours at the zone entrance as the gate passes were not ready due to some printing problem. She did give me a solution of entering the zone as the checking is not done very often but she didnt forget to add a big disclaimer saying " Come at your own risk because if you are caught you would have to shell out 1000 bucks".

Well, to my surprise there was no checking done at the gate but to my dismay i was caught near my office with the zone guard asking me for an id card. With all the confidence oozing out of me ( i knew if i didnt ooze the confidence i would have to snooze behind bars :)) , I showed him the bike pass and sneaked in.

The next few moments were absolute miracle. I approached the security guard at my office gate for a temporary office card. There was a man arguing with the office guard. He sees me and asks my name. He then hands me the set of badges that I had lost on the bridge the previous evening and walks away.

Who was he? How did he get my badges? How on earth was he there at the same time when i entered the office? Am I blessed :D ?

6 comments:

Omkar said...

That Guy saved u 1000 bucks and seeing all those big belly'd SEZ officers.....

Apeksha Rao said...

Least i can say is... FOrtunately d Lady (Luck) is smiling at you...(N NOT GIVING LOOKS AT U... :P)

Apeksha Rao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esoterically Yours said...

@Omkar: abe woh 1000 bucks mere chalta tha but not going to the police station to lodge a complaint..

@ apeksha: good one..lol

Erratic Thoughts said...

Holy cow!Id badges have made my life miserable too...and there was no lady luck showering her goodly-blessings my way!

Esoterically Yours said...

@ET: i guess a coconut and some flowers are sufficient to cajole the dame luck :D .. try it and may be the next time the blessings might be on ur way ;)