Friday, February 12, 2010

Renovation ...... argghhhhhhhh!

Note: I read this blog later and I felt it to be boring. So read it at your own risk.

I step a lil here, i step a lil there, i see the plaster, all scattered, lying everywhere. Thats the plight of my home sweet home. I feel renovations are a real pain in the ass. And if the workers aren't skilled, trust me, the pain can travel quite a distance.

One main rule you need to follow during a renovation is, never ever enter the room unless its completely done. On day 2, i entered the bedroom. Though the room was half way through refurbishing, i thought that the workers had done a pretty good job of cleaning the room. I was a tad wrong on that one. When i switched on the fan, the initial realisation i had was that of a prince from some movie in the 1970's being welcomed by rose petals. The difference in here was that the workers carrying the renovation had a surprise installed for me. I had been sprayed by shards of plaster and left over cement which had been deposited on the ceiling fan. By the time i switched off the fan i was completely covered with debris. To make matters worse i had just come out from my bath and had to take one again to get rid of the sooted attire.

The misery of the renovation continues. My 2 guitars have been desolated. My cpu has been coated with a neat layer of cement (they have taken some extra care in doing this). I have my fridge accompanying me in my bedroom while i am writing this piece of blog. Yearning for the day when all this mess ends!

5 comments:

~G said...

See the positive side. You will win in any hurdles race now :P

Esoterically Yours said...

@G: abe itni gandagi hai ki positive side dekhna ka mann bhi nahi karta!!

SP-e-cial said...

Hey it was actualy funny... not at all boring.

Abinav Kumar said...

toh... ho gaya renovation?

Esoterically Yours said...

@abinav: yes sir, long time back :D