Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CAN____________NOT

I can hope for an end of all misery
I can NOT end the misery.

I can hope to fill all the emptiness in this world
I can NOT fill all the emptiness.

I can hope to play the secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord
I can NOT play the secret chord.

I can hope to fall in love
I can NOT fall in love.

I can hope to find what I have been looking for
I can NOT find what I have been looking for.

I can hope to be in a place where the river winds would move my feet
I can NOT find such a place.

I can hope to find the hallelujah
I can NOT find the hallelujah.

I can hope to put an end to the NOT in the CAN!
I can.

9 comments:

Swati K said...

I can hope to understand your peom...
But I can NOT understand it :PPPPPP

Just kidding........

Esoterically Yours said...

@Swati: hahahhahaha....really good one!!!

Dileena said...

Extremly well written....Ekdam shayar hai re !
Read your previous blogs too..even better. What are you doing in the Software industry. Maja aa gaya padh ke :-)

Esoterically Yours said...

@dileena: mai shayar toh nahiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! random bakwas hai yel....seriously yaar sometimes i feel y the hell did i enter the s/w industry....mera uthna baithna toh ambani and birla ke sath rehna chahiye tha!!! lol

Dileena said...

Well..Ambani and Birla are not exactly known for their poetic skills... U took my comment in the wrong way. When I said "What are you doing in the Software Industry"...I was actually thinking about your manager..You will say "I can hope to code but can NOT code"...hahaha

Esoterically Yours said...

@Dileena: Tera and swati ka tag team hai kya? jaise wrestling mein hota hai? have u decided to form a tag team against me? :) :)

Nupur said...

how contradictory that is ! ;)

specially you hope to fall in love and you cannot do that...whoa !

But as usual a nice write-up !

Abinav Kumar said...

@Swati - super!

Last line was a killer dude..!

Esoterically Yours said...

@Nu: thnx nu :)

@abhinav: kya baat kar raha hai!! :)