Monday, March 23, 2009

Knocking on heaven's door

"Major Mohit Sharma of the Parachute Regiment killed in the Hafrada forest battling terrorists on Saturday". This is not exactly the news you would be happy, reading on your breakfast table. One more braveheart gives his life so that his people would live in safer haven.

Why is there so much hatred in people as to one human being may consider taking life of another? Be it the Vietnam war or the 26/11 Mumbai gory, the Kargil victory or the unscupulously imbecile Rama Sene aftermath, the 9/11 twin tower macabre or the hatred for the North Indians in Mumbai, the end result has always been a bloody splatter. What next??..One fine day it would be well erased from everybody's mind and the cycle would continue. No remorse, no lessons learnt!! So why in first place have we to indulge in such heinous acts. Can't we just get up every morning with a "FEEL GOOD" feeling? I just feel like KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S door!!


"Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.
It's gettin' dark, too dark for me to see
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door.
Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore.
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door."
-- Bob Dylan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your opinion and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Murk