Sunday, June 22, 2008

The BIJHY week!!!

When you are in this profession (by this i mean the s/w, s/w as in software....sheeeesh!!),your onsite clients can b a real pain in the ass. Yeh hai meri dastaan.......
Was working on a prj(all alone.....tat can be the pittiest part since noone else knows the logic in it and the best part since NONE ELSE KNOWS THE LOGIC IN IT ;)), which has been going on and on and on since a year. Finally the d-day arrived when it was my delivery.....(obviously my project's delivery....tats how we call it in our world).It went fine with minor hiccups. I had no idea as to what was installed for me.

1st of July was the date when the product was gonna go live. On the 16th of June i get to know from the onsite that the client had asked for some changes to be done (The word SOME can be quite deceiving at times). I do them. On the 17th of June i get to know that the changes i did, i have to revert them back. I do the same. On the 18th of June i get to know that they wanted to keep those changes, i go on.On the 19th of June my onsite counterpart is pretty sure that they dont need those changes. AREY BHAI KYA MAI MANDIR KA GHANTA HU KI JO ATA HAI HILA KE CHALA JATA HAI were the words circumabulating my mind. As if that was not enough, i get the sweet words from my onsite counterpart that the client had asked for some more requirements which need to delievered by Monday of the next week and i get to know this on Wednesday. The estimate was a 40 hr one but I had to complete the task in 4 days with Sat as working. My initial reaction --- Sat working, WOT THE FU$#!!... So here was my plan.
I slog hard from Wed to Fri, early mornings and late nights and don come on Sat.....Eurekaaaaaaaa!! It worked...Client khush bcause he got the product a day early, my onsite counterpart khush bcause the client wont bug him,mai khusssssss; need not come on Sat.....Sat morning i wake up and check my mails and i find loads of mails of all the big guns praising me with all the crap managerial jargons in it.
I say the praises to be crap because these days i do not believe in words i believe in MONEY, HONEY!!

6 comments:

~G said...

Ah! the tragedy of a software engineer.. :)
BTW, whats BIJHY?

Esoterically Yours said...

BIJHY, as in, busy....forget that u have a suave accent, infact forget tat u know english....now say busy and while doing it, spit out!!! U will get the BIJHY version of busy :)

~G said...

eeps... ye 'spitting out' jaisi downmarket cheesey main nahi karti :P

Esoterically Yours said...

kabhi try kar...when u r really bugged just try doing tat on ur neighbour's desk in the office...u ll love it.....i have tried tat one virtually....

Unknown said...

i can totally empathize with you pal!!!!! written in fatte style, by bringing in a sense of humour to the situation. keep it up!

cheers
rohaan.

Esoterically Yours said...

thank u rohaan, thank u...let me render the cliche--tu hi mera sachha dost hai.....heheh!!